we hope that you like our new website.
So it has been quite some time since we have written a devblog(the other ones are gone now). There is a lot to talk about in update 1.1 though it might not seem like such a big deal. The main goal in this update was to optimise the game and fix all game breaking bugs at the same time. Or at least this was the goal when we started working on this update on September 10th. Optimising took way too much time than we expected and we have got other problems. A lot of players were losing their progress because of the endless unboxing bug. Unfortunately we have noticed that quite late. Then we had to get this update out as soon as possible and our new inventory system that we implemented didn’t help here either. We have redone the inventory system so that it would be more reliable and easy to manage in code, but because inventory system is tied into every system of the game we had to redo a lot of things that have already been implemented. So because of that we weren’t able to release a fix fast. A week before release of the update wasn’t fun at all, working over night and working more than we ever have. But we have brought this upon ourselves and we are actually loving this. Right now the game is starting to become more and more stable, which means that we will be able to start adding new features soon!!!
We have only managed to optimise the home scene in the time we had, but results are pretty good.
Now the game feels more responsive. We need to optimise other scenes too. But we will work on at least one feature update before going back to optimisation.
- This update also fixed a lot of inventory bugs and now in 1.12 the game seems pretty stable, though there are still bugs that need to be fixed.
- We have also added save backup system, it saves your inventory every 1st day of a month, It is not
ideal, but thats better than nothing. We are thinking about adding custom saves.
- We have added refresh inventory button, it fixes bugged items from older versions but it erases your overclock and changes part prices.
- We have added some cases, still more to come 😉
- Changed home background
- Fixed A LOT of bugs
- And we have added some smaller features like: emails now show your benchmark score
And we have probably added something else that I forgot to mention. I should keep track of everything we add by writing it in a changelog or something next time.
We will continue working on the game, we love it as much as you do and even more 🙂